Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Pumpkin Cupcakes



The weather was a little cooler last week and I got in the mood for Fall. It's my favorite season and pumpkin is one of those flavors that brings it home. The pumpkin cake was a recipe from one of my favorite books - Hello Cupcake by Karen Tack and Alan Richardson. It's a modified cake mix recipe so you start with a box of yellow cake mix (I use Duncan Hines) and add to it: 1 cup of canned pumpkin, 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice, 3/4 c. of butermilk (instead of the water called for on the box), 1/3 c. of oil (instead of the amount called for on the box), and 4 large eggs (one more than the 3 called for on the box). The directions and baking times are the same as on the box. I made some cream cheese icing and topped each of the cupcakes with a candy corn pumpkin. They were delicious!
Happy Autumn!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....