Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day Cakes.



The chocolate/raspberry cake for my mother-in-law was made with the same raspberry buttercream and raspberry filling as the cupcakes. The chocolate cake is a recipe from the cupcake blog cupcake bakeshop by chokylit - it is a very dense chocolate cake, almost like a chocolate pound cake. I think this is my new favorite chocolate cake recipe. The cake was a small oval with 4 layers each separated by a buttercream dam and raspberry filling layer. It was really pretty when cut and, might I add, delicious!




The vanilla/raspberry cake for my mom was based on the cupcakes I made to try out the new filling and icing. It was a 6 inch cake made up of two layers that were separated by a layer of raspberry buttercream and a layer of the raspberry filling.

I decorated both of these cakes very simply - sorry there are no photos, my camera died - but they turned out great and both moms really loved them!

No comments: